Thursday, December 15, 2011

Just to catch you up

Hi everyone! Sorry that its been a little while since I've posted. I've had some people ask if we were still doing therapy because I haven't been able to post pictures. Yes, we have still been at therapy, and it is going great. Matt takes him on Tuesdays and I take him on Thursdays. He's getting more comfortable with his therapist, Ms. Chelli, and seems to really be enjoying it. Today he kept saying that he was getting tired and didn't last very long on each exercise. Chelli and I even debated letting him quit early because he seemed legitimately fatigued and more clumsy than usual. But once she let him in the ball pit, he was having fun and she was able to incorporate some beneficial exercises into it and we finished out our 45 minute session. She said that playing hard has an affect on his muscles so he may have been tired from playing outside yesterday or even Tuesday. And I think I know why...

For Christmas, my grandmother (Nana) got the boys a TRAMPOLINE!! They are in heaven. They play outside more than they ever have. Brody asks to go outside pretty much the moment he gets up in the mornings. I'm able to let them go free out in the backyard for hours. They'll even eat their lunch outside, and then, get this...Brody comes in and CRASHES! He has been resisting naps for months now. He will normally go "rest" but never actually sleeps. Well, this trampoline is changing that! It wears him out and he has napped great for the last week because of it. And on top of that, it is great exercise for his legs. It works all the muscles in his legs and ankles and he's having fun while doing it! He doesn't know he gets "tricked" into exercising :) I'll post pictures soon!

So, I think you're all caught up. There's no other real news to report regarding his progress or anything. I'm working on another post about some things that I have started thinking about regarding Brody's care and "lifestyle." I want to be proactive and I feel there's a lot that we don't know and haven't been told. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment